Thursday, July 11, 2013

Basketball Card Reviews: 12/13 Panini Crusade Basketball Box


    Ok, first let's start off with the box. Clean, shiny, and a foil look. Sort of like the 12/13 Basketball Brilliance box. The Crusade logo on the box is so fabulous. The bending on the side of the Crusade logo is so fantastic. Just even coming up with an idea like that will make you a lot of money. Now let's go right into the base. Rough, sleek, feathery and sharp looking. The sides have feathers sticking out right into the player, which gives it an attraction. 
     Let’s start up the break. I ripped the plastic off the box. Next, I looked at the box number which was ... 74. That is another thing I like about, the place where they put the number is on the back with a shiny sticker thats shaped like a basketball. I opened the little tab in the box and pulled all the packs out. First, I opened the Kobe Anthology pack which comes in every box you get of 12/13 Panini Basketball. I have opened two of these packs in the past with no hits. So I was really hoping for one this time. Unfortunately, I got just base. Look down low to see the top Kobe Anthology cards. Knowing that I had to get at least one hit in every pack I opened the first one really quickly as I couldn’t wait to get my hands on my first pack. I saw a phaser in it. Quickly, I scattered through the cards tell I a Crusade blue insert of Jrue Holiday. Next, came an Elton Brand Majestic jersey card. The rest of the pack was just base. I opened the next pack. I saw a decoy. I pulled a Quest autograph of Chris Copeland. I was thinking that every autograph in the pack had to have a decoy because for the jersey card there was no decoy but for the autograph there was. Now the third pack came along. With excitement I pulled a Quest autograph of Nando De Colo. His “quest” to the finals was ruined when the Spurs traded him away. Coming onto the right deck of packs which was starting with the fourth pack. I opened the pack with no decoy inside I thought there was a jersey card inside. I thought right and pulled a sweet Jeff Green “green” jersey card. In every pack there is also one Crusade insert. The next pack was an ok pack. I pulled an Oj Mayo Quest jersey card. Just plain white, but i’ll take it. The next and final pack was also a stellar pack. I opened it with a decoy in it. I pulled an Alonzo Mourning autograph also followed along with two inserts. Those two inserts were an red Crusade parallel which was numbered to 99 of Len Elmore. Then came a Julius Erving “Dr. J” Royalty insert card. Then there was on more base card which was a Ty Lawson. 
     So it turns out I was right about that every autograph pack has a decoy or some people call, a phaser. This was a great little bit over a mediocre box. My rating for this box would be a 6.5/10 rating. Photo’s: 
All The Hits

Top 3 Base Cards
Top 3 Insert Cards

Top Kobe Anthology Cards





No comments:

Post a Comment