Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Hockey Cards Review: 12/13 Panini Rookie Anthology Box + 1 pack

      Rookie anthology is probably my second favorite product launched ever. I got this box, went home and ripped it open the next day. This is my first ever hockey box ever. I am happy that it is my second favorite product, rookie anthology. The box is very clean looking and has a nice rapper on it. The most part I love about opening boxing is holding it in your hands and ripping it open. So I enjoyed the moment of ripping the plastic of the box and then finally opened it. There is also a Prizm bonus pack in each box. I decided to open the Prizm pack first. There is only three cards and there is a good chance you could get an autograph. I opened the pack and the first that I got was a base of Cory Schneider. The next card was turned over. I was thinking it was an autograph. Well, I was right, I got an autograph of Ryan Hamilton of the Toronto Maple Leafs. Getting an autograph in the Prizm pack, this had to be a good box. The first pack I opened I got a Keith Aulie Titanium Bronze Metallic autograph. The rest of the cards were just base which included all-star goalie Pekka Rinne. There is an estimate of every box that you get 4 or 5 hits per box. I was hoping to lean towards the five hits more than the four hits. I don't really like the boxes that have all the hits in the first packs. Well,  that sort of was the case. The next pack I pulled a very cool card which was a piece of James Van Riemsdyk stick (which was  Bauer Totalone.) This had to be a good box. Then I opened the 3rd pack. In it I got a Royal Lineage of the Columbus Blue Jackets. In the Royal Lineage subset you get three jersey cards of three different players, so I got Jared Boll, Brandon Dubinsky, and Artem Anisimov. This was the best three packs i'd ever gotten. I was thinking if this was a hot box. The next pack which was the fourth, was all base. The fifth was all base except for two cards. One of those two cards was a Martin Brodeur Vezina Contenders. I was hoping for a hot box. I opened the sixth pack and got Barret Jackman Game-Worn Gear Jersey Card. I new I had to get another hit because you get at least one Rookie Treasures. The next pack was all base. In the next pack, which was very thick, I got a Jeff Shultz Towering Defenders one-color patch. The card was numbered 5/10. I opened the second last pack, and in it I got my Rookie Treasures of Dalton Prout. The next and final pack was all base that finished off with a nice Adam Henrique. I also bought one pack. In it I got a Game-Worn Gear of Steven Stamkos. My rating for the box:  9/10.  Let's take a look:
Dalton Prout Rookie Treasures

Ryan Hamilton

Jeff Shultz Towering Defenders patch

Royal Lineage of Jared Boll, Brandon Dubinsky, and Artem Anisimov Jersey Card

Game-Worn Gear of Barret Jackman

James Van Riemsdyk Luxury Suite Piece of Stick

Titanium Metallic Bronze Autograph of Keith Aulie

Steven Stamkos Game-Worn Gear in extra pack



No comments:

Post a Comment