Monday, July 15, 2013

Hockey Cards Review: 12/13 Panini Hockey Rookie Anthology


  Opening up my second box of Rookie Anthology was really exciting. I thought to myself should I open the box the day I got or wait a few days. Well, I decided to wait a few days. From my past Rookie Anthology break, I knew this had to be a great product. I waited a few days and then yesterday came the day that I should open it. 

    I got the box put it on my table and looked at it for a few seconds. I got my scissors and cut open the plastic. I opened the box and saw the set up. There was a Prizm bonus pack laying there for me to open. I pushed the box to the side got out the Prizm bonus pack and opened it. The last time I opened the Prizm bonus pack, I got a hit (Ryan Hamilton Rookie Autograph.) I was hoping for a hit in this one as well. I opened it. I got a Sean Couturtier base then came a turned upside down Jussi Rynnas rookie autograph. It was shinier then normal Prizm cards. The thing I was really for in a Prizm pack was a Lava Flow insert card. 

   After I opened the Prizm bonus pack, I got all the packs out. The packs are very basic. They have a touch of red and cool font. I put 5 packs side to side from each other. There are 10 packs per box and you are expected to get as many hits from 4-8 (including the Prizm bonus pack.) Last box I got 7 hits. I grabbed the first pack and opened it. The first card of the box was a Brandon Sutter base on the Pittsburgh Penguins. The next card was a Stan Mikita Legacies inset which I thought was a hit. The rest of the first pack was just base. I felt the next pack which felt really thick. I was thinking it was my Rookie Treasures or another one of those really thick Towering Defenders. Well, it was my Rookie Treasures. I was hoping for a better player, but I was fine getting a Michael Hutchinson. I forgot to tell the box # which was ...67. I was hoping for a Silhouette. I touched the third pack and opened it. In the third pack I got a Donruss Elite Rookie of Matt Hunwick. I quickly opened the fourth pack and got a Great Outdoors insert of Henrik Zetterberg numbered to /500. The last pack on the left side was the fifth. I ripped it open. I pulled a Hart Contenders of Steven Stamkos numbered to /999. The next card was the biggest hit of the box. It was a Game-Worn Gear red jersey card of Pavel Datsyuk. I love the Game-Worn Gear hits because you can get all-star players like Steven Stamkos (which I got.) 


    We opened half of the packs now. I opened the sixth pack very quickly. I pulled the second biggest hit of the box which was a Luxury Suite jersey card/autograph of Shawn Hunwick. This hit was probably the coolest of the box. The seventh pack was not lucky as I got just base. Moving on to the eighth pack now. I pulled a white jersey card of Ben Eager which was a Game-Worn Gear. The only thing I hate about the Game-Worn Gear is that you will probably get a one-color jersey card. The ninth pack was the second last pack. I pulled two inserts in this one as I got a Jason Zucker shiny Donruss Elite Rookie. The next insert was the second best insert which was a Sergei Bobrovsky Vezina Contenders. The last pack I opened I got a Royal Lineage for the Calgary Flames of Jarome Iginla, Alex Tanguay and a Matt Stajan. It was two colors. So that was the box as I got 6 hits. My rating for the box is 6.5/10. Let's see some Pictures:

#2 insert


#1insert

#3 insert

Top Base Cards

Top Hits

Hits


No comments:

Post a Comment